Piri Piri Chicken Tray Bake
Tray bakes couldn’t be easier – just throw everything onto a baking tray and pop it in the oven. If I’m prepping these ahead of time, I put all the ingredients in a zip lock bag so that I can just tip it out onto the tray as soon as I walk in the door.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 chicken legs or thighs (or a mix of both), skin on and bone in
- 3 red peppers, sliced
- 2 corn on the cob, each one cut into thirds
- 200 g Brussels sprouts, halved (optional)
- 6–7 bird’s eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
Preheat the oven to 210°C. Put the olive oil, oregano, paprika, honey, vinegar and some salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the chicken, peppers, corn, sprouts (if using), chilies and garlic and stir to coat the chicken and veg in the spicy oil.
Tip everything out onto a large baking tray or roasting tin and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are tender.